Satisfy your sweet tooth as well as your wish to make great-tasting food your family will love. Flip through our recipe categories – there’s bound to be a few scrumptious, reduced-calorie dishes hiding here that you’ll want to try.
This all-time favorite is sweetened with the goodness of Truvia® calorie-free sweetener. Made with Truvia® calorie-free sweetener this pie has no added sugar and contains 20% fewer calories* than a full sugar pie.
Yield: 9" Pie (8 servings)
Pastry for double-crust 9-inch (23cm) pie
720g Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, and sliced
1 Tbsp lemon zest
1 tsp ground cinnamon
¼ tsp ground nutmeg
¼ tsp salt
3 Tbsp cornflour
1 Tbsp (15g) butter
72g Truvia® calorie-free sweetener spoonable*
* or 48 packets Truvia® calorie-free sweetener
1. Roll out half of the pastry on a floured surface to 1 inch larger than inverted 9-inch pie pan. Ease pastry into pan.
2. Blend sweetener, cornstarch, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg in small bowl. Sprinkle on apples and toss until coated. Add lemon zest and mix thoroughly. Arrange apple mix into crust. Cut butter into slices, place on top of apples.
3. Roll remaining pastry into circle large enough to cover inverted 9-inch pie pan. Place over apples, seal edges, trim and flute. Cut slits in top to allow steam to escape
4. Bake at 400°F for 40 to 50 minutes or until crust is golden and apples are tender. Cool on wire rack.
Calories 250; Total Fat, 13g; Saturated Fat, 8g; Trans Fat, 0g; Cholesterol, 35mg; Sodium, 115mg; Total Carbohydrate, 41g; Dietary Fiber, 3g; Sugars, 10g; Erythritol, 8g: Protein, 2g; Vitamin A, 10% DV; Vitamin C, 10% DV; Calcium, 0% DV; Iron, 6% DV.
*This apple pie has 250 calories per serving as compared to regular apple pie that has 310 calories per serving.