Satisfy your sweet tooth as well as your wish to make great-tasting food your family will love. Flip through our recipe categories – there’s bound to be a few scrumptious, reduced-calorie dishes hiding here that you’ll want to try.
Rich molten lava cakes oozing with cocoa and white chocolate while boasting the added benefits of oatmeal! These individual cakes made with Truvia® calorie-free sweetener allow you all the delicious pleasures of lava cakes while keeping your calories and sugars in check.
Yield: 4 cakes (8 servings)
110g of butter cut into pieces
85g plain chocolate, tiny pieces
85g white chocolate, tiny pieces
75g rolled oats
30g plain flour
1 tablespoon of cinnamon
1 tsp (5ml) vanilla extract
3 eggs, separated
81g Truvia® calorie-free sweetener spoonable*
* or 54 packets Truvia® calorie-free sweetener
1. Preheat the oven to 220°C.
2. Generously butter the inside of four 1 cup baking ramekins.
3. Bring 3 cups of water to a boil. Place a silver mixing bowl on top of to use as a double boiler. Melt the butter and chocolate together in the double boiler and stir until incorporated. Add the oats, flour, vanilla and cinnamon.
4. In a separate bowl, whip the egg whites and Truvia® calorie-free sweetener with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Do not over mix. Fold the chocolate and egg whites together gently and pour into the ramekins.
5. Bake about 12-14 minutes (the middle should still look wet).
6. Loosen cake from ramekin by sliding a knife around the inside of the ramekins. Let the cakes cool. Turn each cake over on a serving plate. Optional serving suggestion: Top with cr?me fraiche and fruit.